Tuesday, March 2, 2010


This week I’ve been watching some of the Olympics. I usually don’t really care for it, but I watch the snowboarding and hockey because I can relate with them. For the winter Olympics I cheer for the US only for snowboarding, but for hockey I have to go with Canada. My whole family is Canadian plus they have my favorite player Sydney Crosby. A lot of people really dislike him, but not me. He’s young, Canadian, and really good. He plays for the Pittsburg Penguins and he’s the youngest captain to win the Stanley cup. I also really liked the Russian team. The Russian team is very unique; they always have a trick up their sleeves. From Alex Olvechkin, Evgani Malknan, to Pavel Daytsuk, they have to most creative offence a team could get, but lately they haven’t been doing to good. I think hockey one of the best winter sports ever because of its intense game play and nonstop action. There’s always something interesting about hockey that always gets me watching and playing it nonstop. Snowboarding is another great action sport that’s always interesting to watch. You never know what can happen, from someone falling and injuring themselves, or an outstanding trick. This year Shawn White of the US scored the higher of his first run, and won gold. Shawn White is very inspirational with all of his endorsements and his past history of skateboarding and snowboarding. He has also inspired me to get even more involved in snowboarding. When I read that he was a main sponsor my Burton snowboards, I knew I would HAVE to get one. So last Christmas I got my snowboard a Burton Blunt 155 and I love it. I could never love it more than ever. I also got Burton custom bindings and custom boots. I really wish I could snowboard this year but didn’t have any time cause of my broken wrist. I was really looking forward to going this year because last year I really started getting into rails and spins. Me and my family were also going to go Boyne but couldn’t cause of my wrist again. So next year I hope I don’t break anything again and maybe we’ll be able to go, so I can finally get better on rails and jumps.

12 comments:

  1. My favorite sports in the winter Olympics are hockey and snowboarding too. I like how you expressed details of the events in the games.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love the good detail in your blog austin (:

    ReplyDelete
  3. The thing I don't like is the picture of Crosby, he is my least favorite player

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry mike, but Crosby is a tank. If you look up the definition of tank he comes up. He’s 22 years old, He’s a captain for the Penguins, won a Stanley cup, and won a gold medal. He’s got the dream life of any hockey player.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hate Sydney Crosby with a burning passion but i love Shawn White and snowboarding. I really cant believe the tricks he pulled off in the Olympics. He is a god.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I HATE crosby he just isn't as good as everyone says he is. It was still nice the US got silver.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sidney Crosby is a wussy, and a terible hockey player with no guts

    ReplyDelete
  8. What the hell austin I know your canadian, and so am I but Sydney Crosby, and if you look up Sydney Crosby online the definition is he scores not because hes good its because his teammates are good. Good job expressing your thoughts on the olypics, sydney crosby and snowboarding.

    ReplyDelete
  9. yess canada is the best im canadian too!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Syd "the Kid" is good, but he is not worthy of all the hype!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like your intpretacion of Crosby and the Olympics. I myself do not like Crosby. He has messed up Michigan hockey lovers twice.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good blog but I hate Crosby with a passion

    ReplyDelete