Thursday, February 18, 2010

Did that just happen???

One day while me and my friend were on a snowboarding trip up North. The mountains have a mysterious fog spiraling up and down the hill. We unloaded are equipment and bought our tickets. As our parents went to stay inside the wooden lodge, Mike and I started up to find our way to the lift, we were warned by the older snowboarders that slid down the hill that this was no ordinary hill and that people have been reportedly missing. We ignored them and continued walking. After 15 minutes of walking we found the lift, nobody was their waiting or nobody was watching it run. As normal kids do we ignored the fact that nobody was there and we continued into the lift.

On the lift we sat patiently but after about 5 minutes on it we silently fell asleep due to the long car ride. As we woke up from a violent shake on the lift we were on the top of the mountain completely stopped. The mysterious fog looked as it gotten worse, we now couldn’t see the bottom, in fact we couldn’t see about 20 feet in fount of us. We looked at each other with a puzzled look and strapped into our boards. As we started down the mountain that seemed massive we were carving around tree after tree trying to avoid getting hit. As we got to the starting point of the terrain park we meet up with a few other boarders that also mentioned that something mysterious about the mountain but they never told us what. Ignoring them as usual we finally got ready to take off. Gaining speed going faster and faster we both hit the ramp, off the edge of the ramp I felt that I was completely weightless. While in the air I realized that I still never hit the ground. I was never more confused in my life; I simply was, well flying.

After about 30 seconds of hang time I landed. I honestly couldn’t believe what just happened. After landing I quickly unstrapped myself from my board and threw it on the ground. I just couldn’t get the fact of what just happened, it felt like I just broke the laws of physics. Approaching the next ramp mike and I got faster and faster, and launched of the ramp, like we were shot out of a cannon. Once again we flew longer and farther than the first time; clearing a few trees, we landed. Stopping for a break from a wild ride so far, we heard a roar. Looking around trying to find were the sound came from we got up and went to a different area. I glanced at my phone, then looking at it again.

The day was the 3rd, but we arrived on the 1st. We sat silently, then the sound of claws hitting the cement of the resting area. We didn’t move nor speak. Out of the corner of the building a snow white tiger appeared. Last time we checked Tigers don’t live in Canada, or anywhere near here. As he approached me I reached out my hand like I would do to a small puppy or cat, not knowing what to do. Stroking the silk fur of the giant cat, I realized that it meant no harm. We didn’t really know what to do in this situation, so we got up and finished down the hill.

So we moved away from the terrain park we headed down the speed course which is a straight 45 degree angle. Down we went it took a quick glance at my friend mike, and I saw sparks from the end of his board. I couldn’t believe what was happening that our boards were sparking because of how fast we were actually going. We would of have to be going 70 plus miles per hour, and the 45 degree hill must have turned into a 60. Flying down the hill I started to see flashes, and my vision started to blur. Trying to stop but continue going faster and faster we reached the end of the fog, we had reached the end of the mysterious hill but I still couldn’t stop, I could see the wooden lodge area ahead, I didn’t know what to do. Closer it came, all of a sudden, WHAM! I was awoken by a violent jerk in the car. I looked at my phone it said the 1st. It must have been a dream, until I heard on the radio that 2 snowboarders went missing on the mountain for about 2 days on a mysterious foggy day up on the mountain.

2 comments:

  1. That was a very great blog it really kept me reading. But I don't really think the tiger added anything to the story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really good story, it was very intresting through out the whole story!

    ReplyDelete