Friday, April 30, 2010

SIMUN 2010

As a freshmen in SIMUN my first impression was, “Oh no”. I usually don’t like the idea of debating to the whole class or group because I get nervous and I start stuttering. When we got research on the first day I read over them and the idea of the topics actually interested me, another thing that grabbed my intention was that my country was Argentina and I knew nothing about that so I took this opportunity to learn about a new country.
After the first day of SIMUN I really enjoyed it, the first topic was Argentina and the UK over the Falkland islands so I was really active in it. I had a lot of fun that day because I was getting confident in myself speaking in fount of the group, I stated my points, and asked my questions. So the first day was the best because I was really active in it and it was fun taking real life scenarios and thinking of a solution to the conflicts by ourselves.
On the first day I think I did pretty good, like I said before I was saying what I wanted to say, I helped in the resolutions and spoke to other groups about the conflicts. I think I did good because the problem included my country, but the other days I didn’t do as well as I wanted to because my country didn’t have any part in the other scenarios, so it was really had to get myself involved.
I prepared myself by trying to relax, when I relaxed I was talking and asking questions, when I wasn’t relaxing I started to stutter and became nervous. I also prepared myself by after reading the scenarios I wrote down on a piece of paper what I thought about my opinion what I think should be done. Another thing I know I can do is talk more during caucusing, I now know that using that time is valuable in filtering out any questions I have and thinking of solutions.
Next year in SIMUN I now know that I just need to relax and be confident in myself. I think that when I research my topics and countries to think outside of the problem itself and doing that I think I can get way more involved and I could ask more questions. Next year I’m also looking forward to my next country and learning about that country and their history and past conflicts between other countries, and also talking to other allies.

No comments:

Post a Comment